May 27, 2012

Oh those summer days!

I love summer days, the breeze, the trips to the beach or rivers, white clouds and blue sky, weekends with family, but right now it is our rainy season in Panama, and it’s been raining even with strong winds off late.

But today it was beautiful; a nice sunny day that gave me the idea to do a small painting that would remind me of a sunny day even under a heavy rain.   This is what came out, a summer day at the beach back in 1950.

 
I am no professional painter at all and would not even know how to do a painting, but nowadays with all the resources the internet offer; there are awesome tutorials that can teach beginners how to paint a background.


So I ran a search and found one tutorial at a great site named eHow.   And watching the tutorial video you can find here and trying it myself, my beach background turned out quiet nice I would say (considering I don't know how to paint):


Once my background was finished, I did continue then with my favorite technique the decoupage, played around with the images I had in mind and voilá!  a scene was created.

 
The materials I used for this project are:
  
Materials
  • Artist board or canvas (size will depend on your project, mine was 16x22 cm)
  • Acrylic Paints & Brushes
  • Vintage images & papers in different sizes
  • Scissors
  • ModPodge

The step by step is:

1.  Paint the beach background using the acrylic colors and brushes of your preference and the tutorial found here.  Let it dry.

2.  Print the images you want to use and seal them with protective/sealer spray or pva glue diluted with water.  Let the prints dry accordingly to the manufacturer’s recommendation.

3.  Cut the images and glue them on the canvas with ModPodge, eliminate the possible bubbles of air with care, not to affect the canvas fabric.  You may want to frame it if you wish. 


A beautiful beach day to enjoy at home, but I´m actually feel like going to the beach, don’t you?

Thank you very much, hope you guys like this project.

Every week we have the honor and pleasure to participate and share our projects in awesome parties, please visit them and see what talented artists and crafters are creating.  They are not in a particular order, just from the oldest I found till the newest:

Monday:   
Brag Monday @ The graphics Fairy  
Vintage style link party @ Debbiedoo's 
Market yourself @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff  
Link party @ The Girl Creative 
Making Monday marvelous @ C.R.A.F.T.  
Boggieboard Cottage @ Masterpiece Monday 
Mod Mix Monday @ Mod Vintage Life  
Meet me Monday @ You're Talking Too Much
Calling All Crafters Monday @ All Things Fee  
CraftOmaniac Monday @ CraftO Maniac 
More the Merrier Monday @ DIY Home Sweet Home  
Make-it-Yourself Monday @ An Original belle 
Amaze me Monday @  Dittle Dattle

Tuesday:
Get your craft on @ Today'screative blog 
Knick of Time tuesday @ Knick of Time 
Tell it to me Tuesday @ Creatively Living 
Tutorials & Tips Link Party @ Home Stories A2Z  
Cowgirl up Linky Party @ Cedar Hill Ranch 
Tuesday’s Treasures @ My UnCommon Slice of Suburbia
Trash 2 Treasure Tuesday @ Kammy's Korner 
Be inspired link party @ Elizabeth & Co
Coastal Charm @ Nifty Thrifty Tuesday 
Domestically Speaking @ Power of Paint Party 
Take the Time to Challenge @ Raising 4 Princesses 
Turning the Daunting into the Do-Able @ Project Queen
One project at a Time @ A Bowl Full of Lemons
Linking Pary @ Passionately Artistic
Take a look Tuesday @ SugarBee crafts 

Wednesday:
Wow us Wednesdays @ Savvysouthern style 
Primp your stuff Wednesday @ Primp
White Wednesday @ Faded Charm 
Share the love @ Very Merry Vintage Style
It's a Party @ DIY by Design 
Whatever goes Wednesday @ Someday Crafts 
What is it Wednesday @ Ivy and Elephants 
Whatever you want Wednesday @ Free Pretty Things for You
Wicked Awesome Wednesday @ Handy man, crafty woman 
Show & Share @ Southern Lovely 
Show and Tell @ SNAP 
It's a Party @ CreativePrincess

Thursday:
Catch as Catch Can @ MyRepurposed life 
Open House Party @ No MinimalistHere
Vintage Inspiration @ Common Ground 
Hookin' up with @ House of Hepworths
Time Travel Thrusday @ Brambleberry Cottage 
20 Below Thrusday @ Cristinas Adventures
Home and Garden Thrusday @ A Delightsome Life 
Made you Look @ Maid in a Day 
Treasure Hunt Thursday @ From my front porch to yours 
Thrifty Thursday @ Saved byLove Creations
Show off your stuff party @ Fireflies and Jellybeans

Friday:
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest 
Weekend Bloggy Reading @ Serenity Now 
Inspirational Friday @ At the picket Fence 
Do something Crafty @ See Vanessa Craft
Friday feature @ Redoux Interiors 
Once upon a Weekend @ Family Ever After
Friday Fun Party @ Craftionary 
Finished Lit and Laundry for Friday @ Lit and Laundry
Feature yourself Friday @ Finger Prints on the Fridge 
Look at Me I'm so Crafty @  Fun to Craft
It's a Hodgepodge Friday @ It's a Hodgepodge life 
Friday Flair @ WhipperBerry
Fridays Unfolded @ Stuff& Nonsense 
Simply Link Party @ SimplyDesigning
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage   
Happy Hour Friday @ Happy Hour Projects  

Saturday:
Spotlight Saturday @ Classy Clutter 
Show and Tell Saturday @ Be Different act Normal
Site Nite special @  Funky Junk Interiors 
Get schooled Saturday @ Too much time on my hands
Scrappy Saturday @ CandaceCreations
Weekend Wrap Up Party @ Tatertots & Jello
Check me out Saturday @ Iam only 1 Woman 
Serenity Saturday @ - Serenity You
Saturday Seven Party @ Positively Splendid 
Strut Your Stuff Saturday @ Six Sisters' Stuff
Saturday Showcase @ Bowdabra Blog
 
Sunday:
What's Your Sunday's Best! @ My 1929 Charmer 
Weekend features @ Sisters of the Wild West
Simply Klassic Sunday @ Simply Klassic Home 
Sundae Scoop @ I (Heart)Nap Time
DIY Project Parade @ DIY showoff 
The Sunday Showcase Party @ Under the Table andDreaming 
Creative Bloggers's Party & Hop @ Homemaker on a Dime
Nifty Thrifty Sunday @ Nifty Thrifty Things

Thank you,

Have a great week!
 
Erika  

22 comments:

  1. This is great! Wonderful job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! FYI My newbie party is for any theme any thing goes. I notice you have it as vintage style. Thanks for joining me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! well done! Hopping over from the newbie party XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cool. I love it. Great job. Visiting from newbie party.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute. I'm a beach girl, and would love something like this for our patio!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Found you via Domestically Speaking linky party and I'm so glad I did! This is a great project; I'm going to stick around to check out some of your others!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so talented. I love how you put the different mediums together. Brilliant! Even more so knowing you went to ehow to look up how to do the beach painting. Seriously inspiring.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well how cute is that?! I love it!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did a beautiful job and your background looks like a professional artist's work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Erika, I can't believe you don't know how to paint! Your painting turned out great! I guess I better go check out that tutorial. Thanks so much sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - that's impressive! Love you image of summer fun!

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. So clever and so, so vintagey fun! Sigh. Now I have another project to add to my list of things that may never get done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a cool idea, you did a great job! Perfect summer image! thanks for linking up to Vintage Inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolute love your collage art. I am actually working on a collage piece for the kitchen now. I am newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great idea! I never thought to paint the background and then add the other picture pieces! I love it!

    --Katie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah, what a fun, fun projects!! Collages are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is so fun! Love the beachy vintage feel!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow.. This is so cool! The background you painted is very neat.. Thanks for linking up at friday fun party.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is very very cool! Thank you for the how to!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this idea! I featured you today! I hope you will stop by and link up again this week!
    Kim@madeinaday
    http://madeinaday.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love it! So vintage! :) Thanks for sharing on "Strut Your Stuff Saturday!" We hope to see you this friday! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! This turned out great! So vintage; I love it!

    ReplyDelete

We really appreciate your thoughts and comments, so please feel free to write as much as you want. I will be answering all the comments directly from my email. Thank you very much for reading us. Erika